In this section you will find everything you need to establish electrical service for an individual commercial construction project.
- Completed Application
- Required documents outlined on application
- Design Fee
- Timeline for Small Commercial/Industrial Project
- Timeline for Large Commercial/Industrial Project
- Your Project Coordinator may be able to do a small project as an EZ Work Order. If so, this is the anticipated time frame.
- File Requirements for Electric Service
After Receipt of Completed Application Packet:
MOST SMALL COMMERCIAL
- A representative of United Power will contact you to meet on site if necessary.
- Approximately 21 days after receipt of your completed application, you will receive a copy of the line extension design, an Agreement for Electric Line Extension and an invoice for the cost of the required electric line installation.
- Upon receipt by United Power of the signed Agreement for Electric Line Extension, the signed Private Utilities Locate Form, payment of the invoiced amount, and upon acquisition of any required easements and permits, the Project Coordinator will contact you to arrange for verification that the site is ready for electric line extension construction.
MOST LARGE COMMERCIAL
- For a multi-unit site, approximately 40 days after you have submitted your completed application, you will receive a design, agreement, and invoice. Once United Power receives the signed final design, signed agreement, payment of the invoiced amount, and if all right-of-way issues are clear, your project will be placed on the construction schedule.
- Once the site is ready, United Power Operations personnel will schedule construction of the electric line extension. Depending on the current construction schedule, construction of the line extension will begin between one to three weeks following confirmation that the site is ready.