Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
United Power is an equal opportunity and an Affirmative Action employer. As such, United Power is dedicated to the principles of equal employment in any term, condition or privilege of employment. United Power does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information or other status protected by state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. United Power prohibits retaliation against any employee for filing a complaint under this policy or for assisting in a complaint investigation. In keeping with policy, United Power will adhere to the following personnel practices:
- All personnel decisions will be made without regard to age, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or other status protected by state or local law, except where a bona fide occupational, qualification exists. Decisions will be based upon individual ability, specialized background and job performance, among other things, using valid job related criteria.
- All other personnel actions, including but not limited to, compensation, benefits, transfers, promotions, demotions, terminations, layoff, training and development, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Intimidation, harassment or bias based upon discriminatory grounds will not be tolerated, and may result in termination of employment.
- An Affirmative Action Plan will be reviewed and updated annually.
- United Power will prepare and submit such reports and other information as may be required by agencies having jurisdiction in these matters.
- Overall responsibility for the development and execution of United Power’s Affirmative Action Program is delegated to the Human Resources Director as EEO/AAP Coordinator. The EEO/AAP Coordinator will provide the Chief Executive Officer with periodic EEO activity reports.