In this section you will find everything you need to request electric service for a residence under construction that is not located in a residential subdivision.
- File Requirements for Electric Service
- Timeline for Residential Project
- Your Project Coordinator may be able to do a small project as an EZ Work Order. If so, this is the anticipated time frame.
- Required documents outlined on application
- Design Fee
After Receipt of Completed Application Packet:
- A representative of United Power will contact you to meet on site if necessary.
- Approximately 21 days after contacting your Project Coordinator and receipt of your completed application, you will receive a copy of the line extension design, an Agreement for Electric Line Extension and an invoice for the cost of the required electric line installation.
- Upon receipt by United Power of the signed Agreement for Electric Line Extension, the signed Private Utilities Locate Form, payment of the invoiced amount, and upon acquisition of any required easements and permits, the Project Coordinator will contact you to arrange for verification that the site is ready for electric line extension construction.
- Once the site is ready, United Power Operations personnel will schedule construction of the electric line extension. Depending on the current construction schedule, construction of the line extension will begin between one to three weeks following confirmation that the site is ready.