United Power is enlisting the help of local children to create electrical safety posters that will be displayed for National Electrical Safety Month in May. Kids in grades kindergarten through fifth are invited to submit their creative ideas that incorporate electrical safety concepts or safety tips for the community.
Winning posters will be used in May to commemorate National Electrical Safety Month—an annual, nationwide campaign to raise awareness about electrical hazards. Six winning designs will be selected, one from each grade. Winning posters will be displayed throughout the United Power service territory—in print, online and on select bus benches. The winner from each grade will also be awarded a $50 cash prize.
The deadline for Electrical Safety Poster Contest entries is Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Posters must be submitted on the official coloring contest entry form, which is available at any United Power office, our website, and will be included in the February & March United Newsline, United Power’s monthly newsletter mailed directly to members. United Power employees will judge posters based on creativity and illustration of a key electrical safety concept. Winners will be announced by Friday, March 30, 2018.
- Child must be a dependent of a United Power member.
- Winners will receive $50 cash awards.
- Six winners will be chosen. One from each grade K-5.
- Winning posters will appear online, in print and on bus benches for the month May.
- Entries must be submitted on the official contest entry form.
- DEADLINE: MARCH 21, 2018
Electrical Safety Tips
- Stay away from powerlines & electrical equipment.
- Use care when plugging & unplugging.
- Never mix electricity & water.
- Never stick toys or other objects into electrical outlets.
- Don’t overload outlets.
- Ask an adult for help ‑ you can never be too safe!