United Power is proud of our record of providing superior electric service at reasonable rates, and we look forward to serving you.
There may be a short delay in handling new or transfer service requests. If you have any issues or need same-day service activation, please e-mail Member Services or call 303-637-1300 to speak with a representative.
To start service on a new construction project, please go to New Construction.
Start or Transfer Electric Service
To start new service or transfer your existing service, please submit a request online. Be ready to provide the following information:
- Your new address and/or forwarding mailing address.
- Previous address.
- Date of new service connection.
- Names, date of birth, social security number of individuals to be listed on the account.
- Phone number and email address.
A "soft hit" credit inquiry is required for all new members.
New service and transfers are typically handled within 24 hours, but can take up to three (3) days to process and complete. Service requests cannot be processed on weekends or holidays.
Stop Your Existing Electric Service
Complete the 'Stop Service' form online. Please provide a minimum of three (3) business days' notice.
- Login to your online account
- Select Report An Outage/Inquiry from the menu options on the left.
- Click the Other Inquiries tab.
- Select Stop Service from the drop-down menu.
- Select the account, provide a date that service should end, and include a forwarding address.
- Click Send to complete your Stop Service request.
It's been our pleasure to serve you.
New Member Handbook
Welcome to United Power! As a customer of United Power, you are now a member-owner of a not-for-profit electric cooperative. Learn more about what your membership means in our New Member Handbook.