The COVID19 pandemic has impacted many of our local small business members, and we wanted to take a moment to provide resources to help you. Whether you're operating with modified business practices or trying to re-open on a shoestring budget, your electric co-op is here to help connect you with information and to be your trusted energy advisor.
ENERGY INFORMATION & RESOURCES
As your electric provider, we are here to help you use your energy as efficiently as possible. Your electric bills shouldn’t be among the many challenges your business is facing right now, so here are some ways you can save energy and money.
- Tips to Help You Save During Downtime: Here are some helpful things to remember while you’re operating on reduced hours or services.
- Analyze Your Usage: Use the Power Portal to monitor your energy use and keep those bills down.
- Rate Analysis: Our Energy Management team can review your energy usage and make a rate recommendation.
- Virtual Energy Audit: We are practicing social distancing, but we are available to provide virtual energy audits. Now, more than ever, let us help you find ways to save on your energy costs.
If you’re a small business owner looking for relief, you may qualify for financial assistance through the following resources. In addition to these national and statewide organizations, your local cities and chambers of commerce may be able to help you navigate federal programs or secure local grants.
Local Colorado Resources for Small Businesses
- State of Colorado COVID Business Resource Center
- Help Colorado Now
- Colorado Enterprise Fund
- Adams County Small Business Stabilization Program
- Weld County Business Resources
National Resources for Small Businesses
PAYMENT OPTIONS & ASSISTANCE
We offer several convenient ways for you to pay your bills at a safe distance and may be able to assist you with your electric bill payments.
- Online & Mobile App: Pay online or with the United Power mobile app.
- Pay Now: We know you’re busy. Pay Now allows you to make a quick, secure payment online without a password.
- Payment Kiosk: Still prefer to pay in person, or make a cash payment? Use one of our kiosks open from 5 am – 10 pm.
- Payment Arrangements & Co-op Cares Fund: If you are having trouble making your payments, please reach out to us. We can help schedule a payment arrangement and if you are economically impacted by the pandemic, you may qualify for an energy bill assistance grant from our Co-op Cares Fund.
United Power proudly stands with our locally owned small business members, and we are here to power you back into business. For energy information, expert advice, or billing questions, please reach out to us at 303-637-1300.