Brighton, CO – United Power proudly announces its scholarship recipients for 2022. Each year, the cooperative awards more than $20,000 in scholarships to outstanding students in its service territory. The United Power Scholarship Committee selected 19 high school seniors based on grades, test scores, extracurricular activities, community involvement and a written essay. Applications are made available by December each year.
2022 scholarship recipients include:
- Kira Donahue, Legacy High School, United Power Colorado College Scholarship, $2,000
- Michael Garcia, Eagle Ridge Academy, United Power Colorado College Scholarship, $2,000
- Sophia Meza, Frederick High School, United Power Youth Leadership Scholarship, $1,500
- Lauryn Daniel, Erie High School, Basin Electric Power Cooperative Scholarship, $1,000
- Bethany Parker, Frederick High School, Tri-State Generation & Transmission Scholarship, $1,000
- Hayley Price, Mead High School, Lois Lesser Education Scholarship, $1,000
- Will Greiner, Frederick High School, Bill Berens Memorial Scholarship, $1,000
Additionally, United Power dedicates a book scholarship to each high school within its service territory, provided students from those schools submit applications. This year, United Power distributed 12 of these $1,000 scholarships, including two “at-large” selections. Dedicated book scholarships for 2022 were awarded to:
- Giana Rocha, Brighton High School
- Adrien Ambrosio, Eagle Ridge Academy
- Kaitlyn Fitzjohn, Erie High School
- Elizabeth Schmidt, Frederick High School
- Jennifer Silva Garcia, Fort Lupton High School
- Elsa Burgesser, Mead High School
- Aubree Burris, Prairie View High School
- Ximena Navarro, Riverdale Ridge High School
- Cesar Calixto, Weld Central High School
- Halle Yocom, Mountain Territory
- Daniela Guadana Huizar, at-large selection
- Audrey Long, at-large selection.
More information about United Power’s 2022 scholarship recipients can be found in the co-op’s monthly newsletter to members.
United Power is a member-owned, not-for-profit electric cooperative, delivering electricity to homes, farms and businesses throughout Colorado’s northern front range. The cooperative is one of the fastest-growing electric cooperatives in the nation, and in June 2021 joined the elite ranks of cooperatives serving more than 100,000 meters. The 900-square mile service territory extends from the mountains of Coal Creek and Golden Gate Canyon, along the I-25 corridor and Carbon Valley region, to the farmlands of Brighton, Hudson and Keenesburg. United Power is also a founding member of the NextGen Cooperative Alliance, which is dedicated to expanding the power supply and procurement options available to distribution co-ops and reforming the traditional generation and transmission business model. For more information about United Power, visit www.unitedpower.com or follow the cooperative on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.